Hello Jose

I have sent this to the general list. Feel free to sign up to the list so that you would be able to answer any questions from the group.

Actually it was myself that wrote that main program and most of the code base. I mention this only because as far as percentages go I have the most time and code invested and as such can say that I do not mind the LGPL license that you are proposing for the C# port. Wim from LDC along with his programmer Luc contributed a lot of great code to make it fit within their products that they use and am saying that up front so as not to take that away from them. Please remember that there were alot of people that have contributed to the product other than LDC so we will have to get their permission as well from what I understand of the licensing wordings.

Christian Geisert
Patrick Bielen
Pete Helgren
Richard Houston
Robert Upshall
All the translators

I would like to apologize if I have missed someone. Please let me know here so that we can get this straightened out.

Regards

Kenneth

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello Kenneth:

I have Ported the TN5250J from Java to C#. Is not a Plan... it's working

The reason for that is that I needed a Library for Screen scraping, for OnLine
AS/400 Integration for a Customer.

The Customer has VisualStudio as it's standard Tool, we have no budget for
buying TN Bridge <http://www.cybelesoft.com/en/IntegrationPack.html>
or similar product so I was Forced to Port it.

The Library has several Server side improvevents like the use of Completion Port
Threads, witch allow a Server Process to open almost unlimited 5250 sessions.

I'm planing to release a Java, MS C# and Mono Versions.

But before that I would like to know:

As I base my work on GPL Software, Can I release it as LGPL? or must be GPL

This is my first project using GPL, and I'm not an expert in Licenses, After all
tn52550j is your work, and I would do it wright.

Please advice me.

Fill free to release -or ask me to do it- this to
tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net

Best Regards and Happy Holidays

José M. Veiras
Intellitec Mobile Solutions
jveiras<en>intellitecpr<punto>com
787-429-3330
PO Box 9510 Bayamon PR, 00960-9510

P.D.
LDC, WVL, Luc, You <as apperar on Copywrith> and the rest of the Community had
made a great product... thanks to every one.