On 25 Feb 2006 at 15:24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> 3. The error line below had to be commented out.
> >> src/FXApp.cpp: In function 'int FX::xerrorhandler(Display*,
> >> XErrorEvent*)':
> >> src/FXApp.cpp:1147: error: 'FXThread' has not been declared
> >> src/FXApp.cpp:1147: error: 'current' was not declared in this scope
> >
> > I don't get this error on mine. It compiles fine.
> >

> ok, I'll look into this more.  I do notice that FXThread isn't in your
> class documentation, which uses QThread instead, but I haven't followed up
> on it.

It was obvious really - I have the FOX compat layer enabled. Fixed in
SVN.

> A couple of problems ...
>
> 1. had to specify FX::strdup(tmp) to keep the compiler from aborting with
> a conflict error from one included by string.h in gltest.cpp

Should be fixed in SVN. Haven't tested it though.

> 2.ControlPanel.cpp doesn't build because of a duplication of
> DEFAULT_SPACING definition below, plus some problem with QSSLDevice.h that
> I haven't looked into.
>
> ControlPanel.cpp:23:1: warning: "DEFAULT_SPACING" redefined
> In file included from /home/jay/tnfox/TnFOX/include/fx.h:132,
>                  from ControlPanel.cpp:20:
> /home/jay/tnfox/TnFOX/include/FXPacker.h:35:1: warning: this is the
> location of the previous definition
> /home/jay/tnfox/TnFOX/include/QSSLDevice.h:90: error: expected identifier
> before numeric constant

If ControlPanel.cpp defines its own DEFAULT_SPACING, it will need
changing. I fixed the QSSLDevice.h problem by renaming None to
NoEncryption. It's in SVN.

> 3. groupbox.cpp doesn't compile because of conflicting definitions of
> timeval shown below.
>
> /usr/include/bits/resource.h:161: error: use of 'timeval' is ambiguous
> /usr/include/bits/time.h:70: error:   first declared as 'struct timeval' here
> /home/jay/tnfox/TnFOX/include/FXProcess.h:46: error:   also declared as
> 'typedef struct FX::timeval FX::timeval' here
> /usr/include/bits/resource.h:161: error: use of 'timeval' is ambiguous
> /usr/include/bits/time.h:70: error:   first declared as 'struct timeval' here
> /home/jay/tnfox/TnFOX/include/FXProcess.h:46: error:   also declared as
> 'typedef struct FX::timeval FX::timeval' here
> /usr/include/bits/resource.h:161: error: conflicting declaration 'struct
> timeval'
> /usr/include/bits/time.h:70: error: 'struct timeval' has a previous
> declaration as 'struct timeval'
> /usr/include/bits/resource.h:161: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
> scons: *** [groupbox.o] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.

Hopefully fixed in SVN but not tested.

> 4. iconlist.cpp builds, but on running produces a bunch of assert messages.
>
> TYPE:SEL_UPDATE              ID:1     SENDER: FXIconList      PTR:
> 0x00000000 #1   src/FXDebugTarget.cpp:155:
> FXASSERT(ARRAYNUMBER(messageTypeName)==SEL_LAST) failed.
> 2   Deleted secure heap
>
> Unhandled Signal 0x2 (User interrupt)
>     at address (nil) - immediate exit!

Dunno about this one.

> 5. imageviewer.cpp builds, but on running and selecting a gif file, it
> aborts with an error below (the first two exceptions are at startup).
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] tests]$ ./imageviewer
> FXApp: Using font 'luxi sans,80,normal,normal' for normal font
> FXException id 1 created, 'File '/home/jay/.foxrc/FoxTest/FoxTest' not
> found' at line 275 in src/QFile.cxx thread -1425916512
> FXException id 2 created, 'File '/home/jay/.foxrc/FoxTest/ImageViewer' not
> found' at line 275 in src/QFile.cxx thread -1425916512
> Deleted secure heap
>
> Unhandled Signal 0xb (Segmentation fault [Address not mapped to object])
>     at address (nil) - immediate exit!

Oh dear. I will investigate when I next get time.

> 6.memmap.cpp fails to build.  I haven't looked into this.
>
> memmap.o(.text+0xcc): In function `main':
> /home/jay/tnfox/TnFOX/fox_tests/tests/memmap.cpp:52: undefined reference
> to `FX::FXMemMap::FXMemMap()'

It should work if you enable the FOX compat layer in config.py.

Cheers,
Niall