On 25 Feb 2006 at 22:33, The Devils Jester wrote:

> The first set of errors was about FOX_BIGENDIAN not being declared.  I put a
> -DFOX_BIGENDIAN in my compile script and now that doesnt yell at me.  (I
> dont know if I _should_ be declaring that though...)

If you're using scons, the SConstruct file asks python for the endian
and sets it for you. If you're not using scons, then yes you need to
specify it.

> After that I had a couple ambigous errors with timeval and a couple others,
> commenting out these two includes in my app bypassed this, but caused other
> errors (missing some defines and commands)

Someone else reported this and I have a potential fix in SVN.
However, regarding timeval problems, this issue only arises if you
use "using namespace FX;". And I'm stuck in a real hole here because
if you use Jeroen's solution, it breaks on win32 in an unportable
way. If you go with mine, it works everywhere except it sometimes
clashes with the system timeval which requires minor source surgery.
Either way, you can't win but at least with my mechanism you avoid
having to include win32 only headers in otherwise totally portable
code.

> Besides those couple errors, which a little bit of research might yeild a
> solution, I get hundreds of FXFile, FXDir, etc... errors about missing
> functions.
>
> error: `FXSystem' has not been declared
> error: `getHomeDirectory' undeclared (first use this function)
> error: `FXSystem' has not been declared
> error: `FXStat' has not been declared
> error: `isDirectory' undeclared (first use this function)
> error: `FXStat' has not been declared
> error: `isReadable' undeclared (first use this function)
> error: `FXDir' has not been declared
> error: `FXDir' has not been declared
>
> The offending functions are all File related, do these exist in TnFOX or
> will I have to write them all from scratch?

All these exist in TnFOX though some (eg; FXThread or FXMemMap)
require the FOX compatibility layer to be enabled. See config.py.

You shouldn't get any errors. It should all just compile. FXSystem,
FXStat and FXDir are all certainly in there and working as FOX code
uses them itself internally.

It is possible that maybe you aren't directly including FXDir.h,
FXSystem.h etc in your code and relying on other headers to do it for
you. You do want to include the header for any class you use, or else
simply include fx.h which includes everything.

Cheers,
Niall