I actually did use 3.4 for the compile of TnFOX (3.3 wouldnt work), and its still a pretty large lib compared to FOX.  Stripping can probably take a small chunk away but not enough to make a large difference.

What is all being compiled into TnFOX that makes it so much larger?  All I need is basic GUI code with the IPC features.

On 2/26/06, Niall Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 26 Feb 2006 at 9:43, The Devils Jester wrote:

> I only care about turning off the features that I dont use that would have
> large impact on the lib size.  7.5ish MB compared to 3.5ish MB is a huge
> difference.  Know of any specific features that add alot of space?

Yes, GCC 3.3's template parser is not very good and generates a lot
of unnecessary code. This adds around 2Mb of unnecessary code. As
TnFOX uses a lot of templates, it's not like it can be compiled out.

Best thing is to move to a better compiler. They totally replaced the
template parser in 3.4 and the output shrinks massively, as well as
running a lot faster.

If that's simply not possible, don't worry you'll get the binary
shrink when Knoppix upgrades to 3.4. The current situation will be
temporary.

Cheers,
Niall