On 26 Feb 2006 at 12:12, The Devils Jester wrote:

> I actually did use 3.4 for the compile of TnFOX (3.3 wouldnt work), and its
> still a pretty large lib compared to FOX.  Stripping can probably take a
> small chunk away but not enough to make a large difference.
>
> What is all being compiled into TnFOX that makes it so much larger?  All I
> need is basic GUI code with the IPC features.

Well there's an additional 35,000 lines of code in there which is
about a third more than FOX v1.4. Here are some figures (for
msvc7.1):

FOX 1.6 (with /O2): 2.14Mb
TnFOX no GUI: 0.95Mb
TnFOX minimal: 2.97Mb (+39%)
TnFOX full: 4.4Mb (+106%)

If you want something approaching minimal, see the FAQ section in
include/TnFOXDocs.h from SVN. But in short, disable the FOX compat
layer, disable openssl and the graphics libs (in sconslib.py) and
delete the embedded copy of sqlite3 in the src directory.

Cheers,
Niall