On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 04:40 PM, Matthew Walker wrote:

Bill Shupp said:
On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 04:18 PM, Matthew Walker wrote:

Just a general notice to the list that if you patch tcpserver to
support
IPv6, it breaks the pop-before-smtp feature of the toaster. At this
time,
I'm not sure how to fix it 'nicely', so I've just disabled IPv6 in my
ucspi-tcp build.

If anyone has any input on this, it would be appreciated.

vpopmail strips the IPv6 portion of the IP anyway, so it's not supported.

Yeah, but then it stores the stripped version, and when tcpserver tries to
validate the connecting IP address, it bombs. Maybe I'll see if I can write
a patch to enable IPv6 in vpopmail.

Sounds like tcpserver isn't dealing with the cdb file formats correctly when patched for IPv6. Have you verified that the IPv4 IP is stored correctly? Is IPv6 tcpserver supposed to read both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in the cdb file?


Regards,

Bill



Reply via email to