> All,
>
> I'm working on the 0.7 version of my netqmail patch.  This time, I
> thought I'd poll this list to see if there are any useful patches out
> there that I might not be aware of... please post any suggestions here.
>
> So far, the patch will be pretty much the same, but with new versions.
> However, I'll be replacing the tarpit patch with the spam throttle
> patch, since the tarpit mechanism is easily (and often) circumvented.
> I'm contemplating adding the greylisting patch.. but will probably leave
> that as an optional add-on.  Is anyone using the greylisting patch in
> production?  Any thoughts on it?  What about SPF?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Shupp

I am using greylisting in 2 mail servers.  It is good but some users do
not like it because of the delay in recieving message.

I would like to try SPF and spam throttle. I have read some information
about spam throttle before but have no clue how to set it up.

I also want to try some patch which may stop users to abuse my smtp
server.  For example, make sure the return email address of the user to be
same as the authenicated username or add the authenicated username to the
maessage so that we can find out the spammer easily.

Have you ever tried smarter host patch?
http://www.jcb-sc.com/qmail/patches/qmail-remote-fallback.html
How about add it to the new toaster?

Regards,