From: Bob Hutchinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:33 AM
To: toaster@shupp.org
Subject: Re: [toaster] whitelisting an email address

On Thursday 30 Mar 2006 18:14, Shane Chrisp wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 09:00 -0800, Noel Sanchez wrote:
> > How do I whitelist an email address or a domain? I have spamassassin
> > installed per the toaster and have set the spam level to 5. A
certain
> > domain for some reason is being marked as 8, but I need to allow
them
> > access to send us email. I have searched archives and spamassassin
but
> > only read about editing user_prefs. I don't have user_prefs for each
> > user.
>
> If your only using spamassassin, then you can use the line in local.cf
>
> whitelist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> then restart spamassassin.
>
> Or if your using simscan, you can do it in
/var/qmail/control/simcontrol

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:clam=yes,spam=no

umm, this would disable spamassassin for all mail *to* [EMAIL PROTECTED],
not
*from*

The whitelist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED] directive would work though

> then issue a /var/qmail/bin/simscanmk
>

> cheers
> Shane
>
> > @40000000442c0e3c2ad87ba4 [32041] info: spamd: connection from mail
> > [127.0.0.1] at port 41001
> >
> > @40000000442c0e3c2fcf8a44 [32041] info: spamd: processing message
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for clamav:89
> >
> > @40000000442c0e3d113dfa84 [32041] info: spamd: identified spam
> > (7.5/5.0) for clamav:89 in 0.6 seconds, 2047 bytes.
> >
> > @40000000442c0e3d115128ac [32041] info: spamd: result: Y  7 -

AWL,BAYES_00,HTML_MESSAGE,MSGID_DOLLARS,RATWARE_MS_HASH,RATWARE_OUTLOOK_
> >ONAME

scantime=0.6,size=2047,user=clamav,uid=89,required_score=5.0,rhost=mail,

>addr=127.0.0.1,rport=41001,mid=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
COM

--
Bob Hutchinson