Adi Pircalabu wrote:
Do you have another SMTP proxy in front of your system? That proxy
probably does not implement some SMTP extensions.

I've just investigated, and My cisco 806 at home does not have the fixup smtp configuration, and the router is all that is between me and the mailserver.

But I just noticed that there is another kind of packet inspection on the 806 router that an ordinary pix, so it seems that this :

ip inspect name Ethernet_1 smtp

could be the sinner in the cisco config.

I will try and remove it to see if it helps. Any success will be reported for the archives.

Thank you for your response.

Sincerely
Max