B Kreps wrote:
Greetings,

I'm attempting to get per-user preferences working for spamassassin
filtering and I wanted to know what solutions other "shupp-toaster"
users are using.

I've attempted (read: spent hours) to get the Squirrelmail "sasql"
plugin to work, but the inclusion of this plugin causes user's messages
in Squirrelmail to appear empty! Not sure why "sasql" interferes with
messages...argh...

So before I go wading through the PHP to find out the why and how, or
spill my guts on this list with all the gorey details of my hacking I
want to find out if anyone else has a better solution for this feature.

Regards,
Brian

We use MySQL based preferences, using the webspam interface that I inherited from someone else.

It's available at http://mail.limelyte.net/downloads/standalone3.0.tgz

That version should also work with 3.1.x but does require global variables to be on in php.ini.

I don't maintain it anymore because none of our users used it. It would be nice if someone who does need it would make a step forward and fix it up so register_globals isn't required anymore and maybe make it a bit more modular.

One user, I believe he's on this list, ported it to a Squirellmail interface and did remove the register_globals requirement, but I believe it was only for 2.x.

Same reason I stopped using DSPAM, users complain about the spam they get but for the most part they seem to be unwilling to spend a minute or two a day helping to stop it.

Regards,

Rick