On Jun 13, 2008, at 5:48 AM, Alessio Cecchi wrote:

Il Friday 13 June 2008 11:35:52 Maciej Sołtysiak ha scritto:
Hi,

just wanted to say that in my setup dovecot is visibly faster than
courier-imap. (I'm using dovecot-1.1.rc9)

I'm running courier on port 143 and dovecot on 10143 and I've been
changing the port in roundcube webmail config
to see which is faster and dovecot really is.

Also for me dovecot is really much faster than courier.

Seems to be snappier to me as well. I've got it running just fine with cdb and quota support enabled. While large mailboxes (and I've got a lot) still take some time to initially load, searches are much faster than courier as well.

Anyone have daemontools scripts together already?

Regards,

Bill