[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have posted bug fix to TC load balancing when using URL-only sessionID
> (both mod_jk and mod_jserv).
> I have received no answer.
>
> The fix is for 3.2b6.
>
> R u going to include this?
>
> This fix bug #328, and let tomcat to serve applications that can't use
> cookies (like cellular phones - WAP).
>
> My original mail attached below.
>
> --Shai

Shai,

I apologize for missing this in the mass of bug reports and other messages on
TOMCAT-DEV.  I agree with you that this is a problem that should be fixed.  My problem
is, there's been some possibly-incompatible other changes to the old
SessionInterceptor code, so your new interceptor might not be a drop-in replacement
any longer.

Could you please review your proposed interceptor in the light of the recent changes
to the way SessionInterceptor and StandardSessionInterceptor work?  I'm going to go
ahead and cut the beta7 distribution today (it's been *way* too long), but would be
willing to entertain including a revised version of this interceptor in the final
release -- since it's a drop-in, it will be easy for users to reconfigure to the
current behavior if it causes any problems.

Craig