> Wouldn't you really want this option at the per-web-app
> level, rather than
> global?  While we were at it, you'd want similar options for turning
> optimization on and off, or (more generally) a way to set
> compiler options for a
> generic compiler.

The main need at SAS is for a way to within our IDE to globally
turn on debug info for all webapps, though being able to set
it per-web-app is desirable to.  My detailed knowledge of Tomcat
and Jasper is not widespread yet, so I hadn't looked for a
good way to implement the per-web-app option.

A "jasper.compile.optimized" would be useful too. Or, running with
your suggestion of a more general way, perhaps a string property,
such as "jasper.compile.options" which contains "d" for debug info,
and "o" for optimize. Others?

Larry