|> There were 2 questions (my questions are indented)
|>
|> is integrating the library with other work (without any modification to
|> the
|> Library) a "modification of the Library" in case of the LGPL?
|>
|> No, it is not.  It is just using the library.  The whole reason for
|> the LGPL is to give permission for this sort of thing in a way that
|> the GPL would not permit.
|
|No shit.
|
|> can we link our libraries LGPL to non-LGPL code and license that under
|> LGPL
|> to third parties
|>
|> What you can do is release your library under the LGPL and suggest
|> that people use it together with other nonfree libraries.  The LGPL
|> permits such combined usage.
|>
|> However, people who want to use the two together in their programs
|> will have to be aware they are using both parts.
|
|No shit.
|

|It sounds like you are going to switch JBoss to the LGPL. I'm very
|happy for
|you to do that as that is something that not only myself, but MANY other
|people (I know Brian told you to use either the LGPL or MPL) have been
|telling you to do for a long time now based on your two conditions above.
|
|I'm glad you are finally listening.
|
|thanks,

|-jon

jon, glad you like it but "taking credit" of the move is something
tasteless.

Many people have said many things, you included in the "philosophy nebulae",
information really low, noise and emotions high...

when all is said and all is done we do what is best for jBoss.

Just do me a favor and let's go back to code.

I was forwarded an email on your lists where rickard went to talk about JNDI
integration... cause the whole thing needs alot of work.  I will not forward
the answer but it seems to me that when we say "jBoss" on apache we get 1000
mails not even answering the questions and raising holly wars on APL vs.
world.

We send our best goddam developer to your lists to straighten out the
situation
this guy is an alien, and the fat ladies shooo away branding their APL
crucifix

WHAT IS GOING ON THERE?
WHERE IS THE TECHNOLOGY?

WE ARE HERE TO WORK
WE ARE HERE TO HELP

You have SERIOUS problems with the basic integration speed and the work we
put in is the basis for more integration beyond Tomcat.  So trust me when I
say "trust me... we better go back to code and straighten this stuff, right
now it still sucks"...

So again, keep "taking credit" and "menaces" to yourself in the future.

You have set a stage where we are going to work on code and everyone better
hold up.

marc

|--