Hi,

The only feedback on the more specific proposal was from Costin
relating to Tomcat 3.3. I'm not sure if I should interpret this
as an overall -1 for committing any of these changes to Tomcat
3.2M1.  I have no problem making these changes local to SAS
Institute's copy of Tomcat 3.2.

To better determine what I should or shouldn't commit to
Tomcat 3.2M1, please vote, if you wish, for what you would prefer
to be committed.  Since later '+' items depend on preceding
ones, "+<num>" will "+1" the items that precede it.

+1: (Implement 1,2 & 3 below) Upgrade Jasper to allow a web.xml
    servlet init parameter to enable compiling with debug info.
    Gives Jasper at least the ability to compile with debug
    information.

+2: (Implement 4 & 5 below) Add a "default JSP options" context
    attribute which in the absence of a servlet init parameter,
    could alter the built-in defaults for any boolean JSP options.
    This would allow a servlet to alter the defaults.

+3: (Implement 7, and part of 6 below) Add Context property that
    sets "default JSP options".  This allows the defaults
    to be set for each individual context in server.xml.

+4: (Implement more of 6 below) Add ContextManager property that
    sets "default JSP options".  This allows the defaults for
    all contexts to be set in server.xml where not overridden
    by context specific defaults.

+5: (Implement the rest of 6 below) Add a System property to
    supply "default JSP options".  This allows the defaults to
    be set for all contexts outside of server.xml where not
    overridden by ContextManager or Context.  Yes, this is clear
    overkill, but it helps a little in my situation. :-)

-1: (Implement none) Only bug fixes in Tomcat 3.2M1.

Cheers,
Larry