[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Why the attribute 'javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate' return an array of X509Certificate.
I don't understand how it's possible because when my client choose an certificate, he chooses only one...
For my test array contain always one element... so is it an specification to anticipate the future ?

The first element in the returned array will be the client certificate itself.  However, if you acquired that certificate from a Certificate Authority (CA), the second element will be the certificate of the CA who vouches for the authenticity of the client certificate.  If that CA is vouched for by someone else, ... the chain continues.

That is why you need an array.

Best Regards

>>The type is javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate[]  ?? ie an array not a
>>single instance..

Craig McClanahan