Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2
   JVM Release: IBM JDK 1.3
   Operating System: Linux
   OS Release: Suse 6.4
   Platform: Intel x86

Synopsis:
Tomcat 3.2 reports 404 when submitting a jsp

I coded a jsp page (VirtualShop.jsp) like this:

<form method="post" action="ShoppingServlet?action=start">
<b>Catalog Item:</b>
<select name="catalogitem">
<%
 (java code)

the servlet "ShoppingServlet.java" manages the doPost method and the extra information
too (action=start). I'm using the MVC pattern:

public void doPost(...
String qs=req.getQueryString();
Hashtable qht=HttpUtils.parseQueryString(qs);
req.getParameter("quantity");

Jsp and Servlet seem to work well standalone and together if i don't use any extra
information (ex.: action=start). When there are some extra informations, Tomcat
reports 404: It looks for the calling jsp page instead of the servlet
"ShoppingServlet.class".

Title: BugRat Report # 615

BugRat Report # 615

Project: Tomcat Release: 3.2
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: Gian Marco de Grimani ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )