on 12/21/2000 9:44 AM, "Rob S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So at the end of all of this, we have slowed development of 4.0 while we end
> up with a functionally equivalent container to 3.2.1, but with more bugs,

Just to clarify your misconceptions:

Not true at all. 3.x only implements Servlet API 2.2 and 4.0 implements
Servlet API latest and greatest.

On top of it, I (and others) would be STRONGLY -1 for adding Servlet API 2.3
support to 3.x within the Jakarta project. That is why Costin has already
agreed and stated that he will fork that addition to another location.

Therefore, as long as 3.x does not have support for 2.3, it is a dead end
solution IMHO and adding support for 2.3 within 3.x would be a duplication
of effort since we already have a 2.3 container (hence the reason why I am
-1 and why Costin has already stated he plans to fork that addition
somewhere else).

> "I want" a container NOW that has very
> little bugs, and works the way it should (adheres to the spec, etc.).

Then you should commit code. :-)

-jon