Andy wrote:

>     Maybe the best thing would be if one of the commiters gave me a piece of their
> bug they don't feel like finding.

The interim bug reporting system we are using <http://znutar.cortexity.com> has tons of
outstanding bugs.  I would not bother with the Tomcat 3.1 bugs -- anyone who is using
3.1 is strongly urged to upgrade to 3.2.  The easiest way to find them is go to the
Viewer, then "Display all bug reports in a specific project", then select "Tomcat".
(The 4.0 bugs are supposed to be under "Catalina" and "Jasper", but not everyone does
it that way, so you have to check the "Tomcat" list as well.)

Everyone using 3.2 or 3.2.1 in production would be incredibly appreciative if bugs on
it were found and fixed, and a 3.2.2 release was prepared.  Submit a few bug fixes, and
you'll probably find yourself nominated as a committer if you're interested :-).

As for future versions, it should be obvious what I spend my time on -- everyone of
course is free to do what they want in that respect.

> >From your comments I have a question:  Has 4.0 been voted on ?  ( if this is
> politically charged please read this in the context it is intended which is NOT
> controversy, I'm a programmer not a political type)...  If it will indeed be
> released and maintained and contributions are welcome than maybe that's a good
> starting point.

Yes, in September 2000 the vote to use Catalina as the basis for Tomcat 4.0 took place
on the TOMCAT-DEV mailing list.  The votes would be in the mailing list archives (and
yes, the web site can do a better job of pointing people to where various archives of
TOMCAT-DEV can be found -- updating the web site is yet another useful way to
contribute).

Welcome!

> Thanks,
>
> Andy