Paul Speed wrote:
[...]

>         As it turned out, for many of the custom tags we were able
> to write web-developer versions that didn't require the full back-end
> application server.  Our web developers were then able to run tomcat
> locally to help develop their pages and see what they looked like as
> they developed.  We were fortunate that most of our web designers
> steered away from WYSIWYG tools... even though they did use web edit
> tools like Homesite.  The more savvy web guys were even able to make
> the tool integration look pretty seamless.

One of the advantages of XMLC is that you don't have to write any special
prototype code.
The prototype HTML used for storyboarding is exactly the same HTML used in the
applicaiton
with no modifications.  The dummy data in the prototype is removed when the
real dynamic data
is inserted into the page.

With XMLC designers can use best of breed WYSIWYG design tools without
requiring special tool integration.

Shawn

--
Shawn McMurdo              mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lutris Technologies        http://www.lutris.com