Tomcat would be a great tool to provide catalogs and presentations on
CD - with additional advantages if there are already web versions of
such applications. I know of a lot of people (me included) that would
like to use Tomcat this way.

I already implemented a proof of concept where a Delphi application
is used to configure and start a Java application using JNI and a JVM
on the CD (not installed in the PC). It works very well in Windows.

After this, using a small Delphi GUI to start Tomcat and run the
installed Web Browser over a Tomcat's site is quite trivial. But we
must be able to place work files on the temporary file directory or
we can't use JSPs.

I am not talking about a weird idea, it is something I am working on
and with commercial interest. I even researched, found and tested
(with very positive results) a java database (HypersonicSQL) to do
the catalog thing.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar