Environment:
   Release: 3.2
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: windows
   OS Release: 2000 pro
   Platform: intel

Synopsis:
incomplete classpath when running from

I want to create a webapp in a folder other then the
webapps folder inside my tomcat directory.  When I add this
line to my server.xml...
    <Context path="/app1" docBase="/dev/app1/web"></Context>
...I get a webapp and my JSPs work, but my classes in
web-inf/classes are not added to the classpath.

If I try to hit a servlet...
   /vic/servlet/fubar

...I'll get the error...
   Ctx( /vic ): 404 R( /vic + /servlet/fubar + null) null

So far I can compile one copy of a webapp and it runs in
both weblogic and tomcat (tomcat is clearly faster), but I
have to keep this directory beneath tomcat/webapps.
Weblogic has no problem referencing a webapp in an
independent location.
Title: BugRat Report # 761

BugRat Report # 761

Project: Tomcat Release: 3.2
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: Victor Wynnytsky ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )