Anybody knows a working combination of Win2K + Apache + Jserv + tomcat?

I installed apache 1.3.12 + tomcat 3.2.1 + jserv (come with tomcat 3.2.1) on
win2K but as soon as the jserv was added into the httpd.conf and the the dll
was copied into the right place, the apache refused to start up.

>From the web site information I have searched, it seemt to me that only
certain old versions of apache + jserv + tomcat could work together. No
information could be found about Win2K installation. Any hint + reference +
pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 January 2001 20:32
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: tomcat+visualage

Simi,

As per Dion's posting we could do with some more information.
However if you are using :

Apache Tomcat Test Environment (Sheldon Wosnick)
http://www7.software.ibm.com/vad.nsf/Data/Document2390?OpenDocument

And you're also running Tomcat 3.2.1 there is a small problem you
may come across.

StartTomcat invokes org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat with an argument list
created with
Object[] arguments = new Object[] {new String[] {""}};

This worked fine for 3.2.b7

However processArgs() in org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat changed
in 3.2.1

processArgs() will try to process "", find it doesn't recognise it and
come back with a Usage : report.

I've got round it by passing arguments to set tomcat.home to "."

Object[] arguments = new Object[] {new String[] {"-h", "."}};

cheers

Graham