Stefan,

Michael Kuz actually submitted a nice patch to do just this, which I've been intending
to apply.  The only thing which has held me back is that you have to restart apache to
let it know that it should stop sending new sessions to a particular TC instance.

Since you're interested in this area, can I ask you (and anyone else interested) two
questions:

 1) Do you think restarting apache is a problem?

 2) Did the jserv code require restarting apache?

Thanks,
-Dan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any plans to add the functionality found in mod_jserv for
> managing high availability with load balancing? Secifically the
> shutdown functionality seems to be missing where you could take one
> tomcat off the load balancing pool and still send old sessions there
> for a while.
>
> Checking the code it would seem that the functionality from jserv_mmap.c
> and jserv_watchdog.c would need to be added to mod_jk and then
> jk_lb_worker.c
> would need to be changed a bit. Are there any forseeable problems with doing
> this?
>
> Maybe is something else planned to improve the high availability features of
> mod_jk in the direction of what mod_jserv has or maybe something better?
> If there is'nt I'll try to use the code from mod_jserv and see what comes of
> it.
>
> BR,
> Stefan Åberg

Dan Milstein // [EMAIL PROTECTED]