It seems that Jyve didn't update the Q/A allready.
You could see here the text:

What's are the message about EAPI or garbled modules ?

The message 'mod_jk.so (or mod_jserv.so) is garbled - perhaps this is not an
Apache module DSO ?'
arrive when you're trying to install a mod_jk.so DSO module that was
compiled on an Apache using EAPI,
like apache-mod_ssl or apache from Redhat distro 6.2/7.0 and your system use
the standard apache API.
EAPI are extensions to standard Apache API (and used at least by mod_ssl).

On the contrary, if you received the message '[warn] Loaded DSO
/usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile
it with -DEAPI)',
you're just in the reverse situation. The mod_jk.so (or mod_jserv.so) was
compiled under
normal Apache with standard API and you try to install the module on an
Apache using EAPI.

It's wise to avoid using EAPI modules on STD API Apache or to use standard
API modules
on EAPI Apache. Allways be sure to have the mod_jk.so / mod_jserv.so for
your version of Apache

On ne peut résoudre les problèmes les plus graves avec le même esprit qui
les a crées.
-- Albert Einstein