From: Pierre Delisle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 3:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: re-use of tag objects via Tag.release method

Casey Lucas wrote:

> Looking at the rendered jsp -> java files in the work directory
> (and noticing the calls to Tag.release), I realized that Jasper
> is not reusing tags that it creates.  So, my question is:
>
> Has there been any conversations about implementing tag
> reuse in Jasper?

To my knowledge, there has been no conversation on the topic.
But, it'd be great to start one :-).

Besides the obvious performance gains, having agressive tag reuse
in tomcat would also be great for taglibs testing purposes.
Properly handling 'release()' in a tag can be tricky and bugs will only
show up when a tag is run in a container that supports 'tag reuse'.

    -- Pierre