> I can fix by specifying ant.home.  What tomcat depends on is the
> distribution layout, i.e., "../jakarta-ant/dist".

Well, tomcat depends on having ant binaries ( in the normal format )
in ant.home.

The convention used is that "foo.home" is the place where a foo
distribution is installed, it has nothing to do with the source or
build structure.

BTW, Sam - you are right about the need to test the latest ( i.e. CVS top
dir ) - it's an excelent way to find any interface or layout change that
may affect other projects, and maintain backward compatibility.
Whenever I find some time I'll start using gump with the full
dependencies.

( I still believe we need a separate build using the "latest stable" -
for a different purpose )