> I am trying to obtain a remote reference to an EJB in another machine.
> I have set the ejb-ref in web.xml as follows:
> <ejb-ref>
>     <description>Sample bean generated by coolgen placed here for ease of
>                      early testing</description>
>     <ejb-ref-name>ejb/S_STRESS_32K</ejb-ref-name>
>     <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
>     <home>cool.models.coop07.java.S_STRESS_32KpsHome</home>
>     <remote>cool.models.coop07.java.S_STRESS_32Kps</remote>
>     <ejb-link>jndi:/ttt1.ca.com:1099/S_STRESS_32Kps</ejb-link>
> </ejb-ref>
> However, when I do ctx.lookup("java:/comp/ejb/S_STRESS_32K") I get a null
> reference instead of the necessary remote reference to the home interface.
> Is ejb-link implemented and documented?
> Which code is involved in ejb-link lookup?
> Is this fixed in the latest 4.0?

Tomcat 4 will parse the web.xml file and bind references to the specified
resources in the naming environment. To be able to resolve those references,
TC needs an appropriate object factory. If no object factory is available,
null is returned when you do a lookup.

Right now, there are two factories :
- one for getting Tyrex managed data sources
- one for getting Tyrex UserTransactions
You can easily add additional factories for additional resource types (EJBs,
JMS resources ...). Contributed object factories (provided they are generic
enough) could be added to the repository.

Remy