> According to NamingManager documentation, first it will look for
> 'org.jnp.interfaces.java.javaURLContextFactory' which does not exist, so
it
> should next look for 'org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory' which
> does exist.
> So, this should work.

Indeed, my mistake. It should work, since the IC will only call lookup on
the Context produced by the IC factory *after* checking the URLs.

> BTW, the 'org.apache.naming' prefix is concatenated onto the URL prefixes
by
> jakarta.

Since I can't figure out where the problem is coming from, I can change it
and make 'org.apache.naming' a prefix.

> Also, when the jnp.jar is removed, it still fails with the same
> error.
> How can this be made to work?

Don't you get a no initial context factory found when you remove JNP ?

Remy