The trim() was removed to fix a security vulnerability that can
occur if the URL ends with ".jsp%20".  This results in the JSP
being served statically.  See Bugzilla Bug #748.

Where would valid spaces or CRLF come from?  Perhaps we can look
for a better place to trim them.  Doing this in patch() means
that some portions of Tomcat will see a request that is
technically different from what other portions see.

Cheers,
Larry