On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Mel Martinez wrote:

> The design philosophy used is to create a 'toolkit' of
> factory and accessor methods for creating and
> accessing services required by Jasper adapter
> implementations such as JspServlet, JspC and
> JspInterceptor.

The "toolkit" idea is perfect for what we need,
and preferably with as little coupling/dependencies
as possible between components.

For a "cooperating" container only the Jsp parser
and generator ( and the runtime ) are relevant, all
other packages are services to be used in JspServlet
or to change the behavior.

Having a "jaser.core" that acts as a repository for
jasper modules ( or JasperToolkit if it's only a class)
is a good idea too.

One important thing is to make sure the "runtime"
services are clearly separated from the "compile"
services.

( you may want to create a small-footprint container
that includes only the runtime and uses pre-compiled
applications ).