Hello,

Here is a basic compile-build-deploy question for you.

Given that I am making changes to Tomcat code for experimentation purposes, I would
like to shorten the compile-build-deploy cycle as much as possible.

Currently, after a code change, I call the command:

$TOMCAT_HOME > build.sh dist

This compiles all changed files, build jar files and puts them under
$TOMCAT_HOME/dist. This is fine except that the "dist" target depends on
"dist-javadoc" which is rather slow. So I have removed this dependency and all is nice
and dandy.

However, this is surely not the way committers are doing it. So, which command do you
invoke to build and then test Tomcat?

My guess is that committers are working under $TOMCAT_HOME/build when building/testing
and ignoring $TOMCAT_HOME/dist. Am I correct?  TIA, Ceki

--
Ceki Gülcü