Glenn, just out of curiosity, how could someone create an "administrative"
web-app for controlling and administering Tomcat? (One of the things I've
been toying with was the idea of doing just such an "administrative"
interface--installing new webapps, restarting, viewing statistics,
monitoring the server's progress, and so on.)

Ted Neward
{.NET||Java} Instructor, DevelopMentor  (http://www.develop.com)
http://www.javageeks.com/~tneward/index.html