Christopher Kirk wrote:

> >From my view, the problem with JSP->Java->Class isn't performance its
> debugging. JSP is hard to work with when you make a mistake, very often the
> error message is less than helpful. A very large step in improving this is
> by making the line number given by the stack trace match the line numbers of
> the JSP page. This currently is not the case because of the intermediate
> step of a java file. It would be beneficial to compile JSP straight to Java,
> complete with debugging information included in the class file.

Really?  I was told that it was a complete myth - that *no one* has to
debug the Java code - they just debug the JSP code.  My JSP experience
occurred a few years agoe, and I remember bewildering error messages -
however, I just assumed that was straightened out.

I am not trying to toss gasoline on what could be another conflagration
- I am just generally interested in the subject.

Thanks

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting