I think the changes will be too big to add before the 3.3 freeze.  I like
your alternative and will start bashing the jsp->java files to get something
optimal before changing the jasper34 generator code.  I'll let you know when
I have something that looks interesting so that it can be discussed
before taking the time to modify the generator code.

-casey