> "Dunlop, Aaron" wrote:
>
> [...]
> First: We will need to cluster application servers in front of a central database.
> We want the ability to add and remove servers from that farm in real-time,
>  without disturbing ongoing sessions. That either means storing sessions remotely
> in the central DB, or migrating sessions from one machine to another.
> We'd like to avoid being forced into using session-affinity for load balancing,
>  since in our environment, that would likely result in significantly unbalanced
>loads.

There is some effort going on to provide Clustering ability for TC4, currently you can
use it for in memory replication of sessions, however this feature is considered
highly experimental.

> So that probably means we need JDBC session store. Correct? And if so, what (in your
>opinions)
> is the current state of JDBC Session Store? (Also - am I correct that it's only
>available under
> Tomcat 4.0? Will it eventually also be available under the 3.x series?)

When it comes to storing sessions you can use either FileStore or JDBCStore, I would
say that
both are considered "medium rare".

        ..bip