Hector,

First off, it looks like you've done some very, very helpful work.  A few
suggestions:

1) For info about how to contribute code, processes, etc, look at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html

And, specifically, about the format for proposed code changes (i.e. patches
instead of full files):

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html

2) You might take a look at 3.2.2 -- it has a lot of bugfixes, and should be
released live very soon.  I don't know if any work was done on this
particular issue, but it would be worth a quick check.  Info about how to
obtain 3.2.2 can be found on the site.

Thanks again,
-Dan

--