>My question is what the status is on the apache connector in
>tomcat 4. I've
>been testing Jakarta 4 in standalone mode and is very pleased
>with it, but
>we can't run it like that once we release the system for all
>our students..
>;)

There is actually 2 connectors for Apache Tomcat 4.0 :

- warp/webapp : Developped specifically for TC 4.0 have
  autoconfig stuff but lack load-balancing or IIS/NES support

- ajp13/jk : Available since TC 3.2, works with TC 3.3 and
  now with 4.0 (thanks to Kevin). Miss the autoconfig stuff
  (will came in ajp14) but have load-balancing and IIS/NES
  support.

Your contribution must match your need !)