> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > CL was indeed broken when stopping the manager.
> > I have committed something which should fix it.
> >
> > [Note : My build environment is totally messed up, so I wasn't able to
test
> > with Watchdog or the tester]
> >

> Downloading as I type.  I'll let you know if I see anything.
>
> Jon, could you give me one of your patented "cookbooks" for recreating
> this just in case?  My current unit tests do deserialization on reload,
> and the classes are loaded from a JAR file in WEB-INF/lib, so there must
> also be something else different about what Scarab is doing.

Really ?
Perhaps my fix wouldn't fix anything then ... The trace Jon posted was
really clear about where the problem was, though :

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObjectData(StandardS
ession.java:707)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.unload(StandardManager.ja
va:502)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.stop(StandardManager.java
:648)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.reload(StandardContext.java:
2316)

The catalina internal thread was indeed unbound before calling reload (so
that's why the manager failed to load the class when trying to serialize).

Remy