<curmudgeon mode>
This post is really not appropriate for this mailing list.  This list is for
discussion of development of the Tomcat server.  You're writing about web
application design issues / patterns.  See:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html.

This list is periodically consumed by flame wars (or "vigorous debate")
about application-level issues which really don't affect Tomcat development
at all.  IIRC, one or two of those was started by your posting this sort of
article for "comments".

I don't think this list should be used for discussion of these issues.

Everyone else: if you agree with me, please do not reply to Brad on the
list.  If you have something to say to him, let's please take it off the
list.  Brad: I don't think this is the appropriate forum for you to ask for
review of your articles.
</curmudgeon mode>

-Dan

--