Greetings,

I am in the process of configuring Tomcat to be used with several classes
at the Johns Hopkins University.  I would like to have each student have
their own webapp in their public_html directory.

I tried Tomcat 3.2.1, but couldn't get the security policy to work right
(all jsp pages kept wanting to use the examples directory?)

I am trying Tomcat 4.0B5, and was going to use soft links in the webapps
directory to point to each students public_html directory.  The only
problem is that Tomcat doesn't seem to want to follow the soft links.  If I
make a real directory in the webapps dir, everything works fine, but if I
try to use a soft linked one, I get:

      Http Status 503 - This application is not currently available

      The requested service(This application is not currently available) is
not currently available

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.  If I don't get this
working within a week, it'll be back to the Java Web Server.  :-(

Bob