>> In JkMount you'll need to indicate ALL the URL handled under
>the given context,
>> ie /myapp/servlet/* /myapp/*.jsp. With JkAutoMount if you provide the
>> base context, the servlet-engine will give them to web-servlet.
>> Imagine you install cocoon on myapp, it's will handle also the .xml.
>> servlet-engine is allready aware that it should handle the .xml, so
>> just let him inform the web-server. (less works)
>
>Ok:
>JkAutoMount workername cocoon /cocoon
>Is a least:
>JkMount /cocoon workername
>JkMount /*.xml workername
>Correct?

You find in web.xml for cocoon 1.8.2

=>

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>

<web-app>
   <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>
                 properties
            </param-name>
            <param-value>
                /WEB-INF/conf/cocoon.properties
            </param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            *.xml
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

<=

mod_jk needed

JkMount /cocoon/servlet/* workername
JkMount /cocoon/*.jsp workername
JkMount /cocoon/*.xml workername

>> > I prefer this one, it is more like the WebAppDeploy of mod_webapp.
>> >
>> > WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples
>> > JkMount  /examples examples
>> > JkAutoMount examples examples /examples
>> > Confusing no?
>>
>> No more confusion if we use :
>>
>> mod_jk today :
>>
>> JkMount /examples ajpworkername
>>
>> mod_jk could use also now :
>>
>> JkAutoMount examples ajpworkername /examples
>>
>> What about ?
>
>Well I was just thinking we could use the same order.
>WebAppDeploy /examples warpConnection examples
>JkMount /examples ajpworkername
>JkAutoMount /examples ajpworkername examples

Ok for me, let stay with :

JkAutoMount /examples ajpworkername examples

May be later I could use a wildcard like :

JkAutoMount * ajpworkername *

Which will told mod_jk to GET ALL THE URL handled by the
worker ajpworkername. In that case if the worker is a
load-balancing worker, WE MUST BE SURE TO HAVE ALL the
servlet-engine in the cluster WITH EXACTLY THE SAME CONFIG....

Regards