> 1) why is Request final?  i was planning on extending it in
> org.apache.ajp.AjpRequest, but can't do so since it's final.  it's no
> big deal, i can create org.apache.ajp.AjpRequestAdapter instead, just
> kind of curious.

Well, before, the primary use for extending the request and response was
implementing the read and write methods. Well, now there are some interfaces
which you can implement as separate objects. You can also associate
additional parameters to the request or response, so I thought that
extending wouldn't be needed.

Maybe the output and input will be a buffer too, since now you can associate
them to a stream.

> 2) any reason why there is no way to set/get attributes on Request?

I thought it was servlet API specific, so I would implement them in the
adapter.

> as mentioned, the reason i ask is i was planning on taking advantage of
> Request in org.apache.ajp so that a bunch of work wasn't duplicated.

Remy