on 7/13/01 8:57 AM, "Pier P. Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I got pretty upset with a couple of guys whose messages along the lines of
> "fix my servlet", and who asked me WHY I rejected those posts...
>
> Now, let me explain... This mailing list is related to the CODE in Tomcat,
> and its development and I will reject ANY post related to configuration
> issues/servlet writing hints and so on, as they are OFF-TOPIC here...
>
> If you have a problem related to Tomcat, and you're not absolutely sure that
> it is, indeed, a bug in Tomcat, use the USERS mailing list.
>
> If you have a problem related to generic servlet composition, help on
> writing servlets and JSPs, go off to some other mailing list (such as the
> servlet interest mailing list at java.sun.com).
>
> And complaining doesn't help - at all.
>
>   Pier

The funny thing is that those boneheads didn't bother to read:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html>

Pier, when I get moderation requests for messages, I now just auto include
the following string (using the applescripts you gave me):

"Please post from the account that you subscribed with."

In most cases, I don't see the person re-post. This is because people are
lazy and don't want to subscribe to a mailing list to ask their question.
Fuck em.

-jon