I need a quick jumpstart on how to hook my password prompter into the
Catalina startup process. I assume that I shouldn't implement it as a
Valve, as those have to do with the Request/Response chain. The
<Connector> level in server.xml appears to be the appropriate level in
the hierarchy, but it's not really a connecter per se, since its
lifecycle is complete before the startup process even finishes (i.e. it
doesn't need to sit in the service and pass requests off to the engine).

So is there a more generic "module" architecture in place that I should
implement? I just need a quick, high-level idea of what internal
component to use and how to implement that component in the server.xml
config.

TIA

Regards,

Christopher