On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 21:12:18 -0500
> From: Glenn Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/tester/src/bin tester.xml
>
> Craig,
>
> Would this replacement URL class allow the manager servlet bug which prevents
> releoading a war file from the same URL to be fixed in Tomcat 4?

Are you referring to a specific outstanding Bugzilla bug report?  I'm not
aware of a current issue (I thought it was addressed already).

In principle, the new org.apache.catalina.util.URL is unlikely to deal
with problems like this -- it does *not* included any openConnection() or
openStream().  The problem that brought this about was that java.net.URL
requires a valid URLStreamHandler, which means you cannot use it (for
example) to do a response.sendRedirect() to an "https" server unless the
*calling* Tomcat JVM has JSSE available.

> Regards,
>
> Glenn

Craig