Hi,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> You may have find something interesting.
>
> Could you check via netstat in that situation how many ajp connections
> are in CLOSE-WAIT ?

        When using ajp13, all of the connections were ESTABLISHED. There were
        slightly more httpd processes than there were connections (~100-110)

> >     Is this normal operation ? Should an ajp13 connector
> >consume more tomcat threads than standalone tomcat ?
>
> http native connector (HTTP/1.0) close connection at end of
> request. In ajp13 the connections between apache and tomcat
> are persistant. What I didn't understand is how you could
> have 150 ajp13 connections to handle only 70 clients ?

        1 page in our application actually incurs 3 or 4 requests due to
        script includes, header and footer images, etc. I had presumed that
        these extra requests take up their own connections, hence requiring
        x2/3 count of ajp13 connections than clients. Was this presumption
        wrong ?

        Thanks very much for your respone. Much appreciated :-)

        Cheers,

        Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: