On Monday 10 September 2001 15:22, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> "Ryan Bloom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> MMAP is the other scary stuff in APR, the new code (without Ralph's
> >> libmm) it no more than one month old... I need it for load balancing,
> >> but I want to double check with the guys in CA next week and see what
> >> they tell me before publishing anything..
> >
> > Actually, MMAP has been in APR for a long time, it is just shared memory
> > that is new.
>
> My bad... :)
>
> > And, the shared memory code has been stressed in Apache for the
> > last month.  Also the shared memory code  is basically just the important
> > stuff from the MM library.
>
> My last status was 2 weeks ago when I last saw David, and he said "wait for
> a little longer still"... So, can I assume that "little longer" is over?

I think so.  The problem back then, was that he needed APR to be available before
he could do anything with apr-util, but we were cleaning APR before trying to
clean apr-util, and it just didn't work.  That was a BeOS-only problem though.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]