> Another problem is to have them bundled correctly in the src
> distribution, or we need 2 distributions ( win32 and *nix) or someone
> will complaint , if the dist is done in win32 , *nix people
> will scream
> , if reversed the other :)..

In the Tomcat 3.3 releases ".zip" files will contain files with CRLF's
and ".tar.gz" files will contain files with LF's, excluding binary
files of course.  One exception is the ".sh" files within the ".zip"
distribution.  These have just LF's.  There may be other exceptions that
I don't recall at the moment.

Hopefully this will satisfy the majority of users.

Larry