Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>>>(sorry - I forgot to

>>Redhat
>>
>>>7.1 and put my

>>>the FHS (What is
>>>
>>I'll be to move configuration to /etc/tomcat/conf
>>to mimic the Apache HTTP server which goes in
>>/etc/httpd/conf
>>
>>What about ?
>>

> That's one easy solution.
>
> However the one and only TRUE way :) would be to use
> /etc/tomcat since etc and conf mean the same thing. I
> don't think tomcat has currently the set of complex
> dependencies
> that make the splitting of the apache hierarchy difficult.
>
> (and anyway the configuration of the /etc/rc scripts is
> othogonal to this)
>
> Best regards,

Just to add my own irrelevant ramblings =)

Does the FHS not specify a recommended hierarchy beyond simply the
/etc/{package} directory? If so (i.e. if it recommends a "conf" subdir),
then we should follow that regardless of the relative complexity of the
files.

If not, then I don't really have a strong preference. I guess I would
lean towards using a "conf" subdirectory now, since that would allow us
to get more complex in the future without the nightmare of changing the
the config directory structure at a later time. That's just my $.02 ...
- Christopher

/**
  * Pleurez, pleurez, mes yeux, et fondez vous en eau!
  * La moitié de ma vie a mis l'autre au tombeau.
  *    ---Corneille
  */